Monday 19 January 2009

Communication breakdown


I got a letter today. It's always nice to get letters. They seem so much more personal than nasty old emails. Not only that, it came all the way from Germany!

Cool, I love German stuff. Well, I love fancy German cars and lovely German beers. And almost every single German I've ever met has been really nice.

Then, moments later while basking in the warm glow of all things tasteful and Teutonic, I noticed that I had another letter.

WOW! Two letters in one day. And neither of them a bill!

And, coincidentally, it came all the way from Germany too judging by the post mark.

Hang on....they're clearly both from the same source...and, what's this? Yes, it's yet another letter, it's also clearly from the same German tech firm...

Blimey, they must really want to get in touch with me.

It came as no surprise to find that the contents of each envelope were identical. They were invitations to a party.

OK, not so bad, I shouldn't really grumble about being invited to a party. Especially a party at which there was a good chance I'd get to meet even more nice Germans.

Now then, where's the email address for me to reply?

....oh, there isn't one, there's a slip of paper that I need to fill out and fax back.

Fax back!

This, from a firm that professes to be in the communications business, presumably sent by someone who works in a communications profession.

I thought Germans were supposed to be efficient.

No comments: