Wednesday 3 September 2008

Great expectations

I just got this email from a PR I’ve never heard of, working for a firm I’ve never heard of, promoting a client I’ve never heard of:

Dear All,

It's my pleasure to send you the Press Release of XXXX Group and XXXX (Please see the attachment).

We would appreciate if you publish it everywhere you can and if possible, please let me know the place of the published article!

Thank you very much for your kindly help in advance!

Best regards,


A Very Bad PR
Marketing & Sales Coordinator
..........................................................
XXXXX.
Somewhere in Hungary
Tel.: +XXXXXXXXXX
Direct: +XXXXXXXXXX
Fax: +36-1-206 5142

Jeesh, not only can’t she be bothered to use a decent mail merge program, but she also expects me to open the attachment with no other teaser information.

I’m glad she lets me know that she’d appreciate it if I could publish it “everywhere” I can. However, she also wants me to let her know where it’s gone live too…

Perhaps she’d like me to call up her client and tell them what a great job they’re doing or maybe nip over to their offices in Hungary and pop the kettle on.

Neither of her last two sentences requires an exclamation mark! And why the feck has she capitalised Press Release?

No comments: